Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Eng
The Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (RAC) programme is a two-year full-time Technician Programme designed to advance the preparation of individuals for careers in the refrigeration and air conditioning field. The purpose of the programme is to develop the level of knowledge required Technicians, over a wide range of applications. The programme also provides a progressive pattern of specialism in RAC principles and technology
A successful candidate of the RAC programme may be employed in many different occupations within the RAC trade. The candidates may work in the public or private sector in refrigeration plants, residences, companies that specialize in RAC and energy, and commercial enterprises. Candidates will work with freezing, cooling ventilating, dehumidifying equipment found in residences, commercial buildings and large facilities.
• Basic electricity and electrical components for RAC
• Refrigeration tubing
• Soldering & Brazing
• Residential & Commercial Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
• Basic and advanced troubleshooting
- Candidates must have four(4) CSEC subjects or equivalent inculding: Mathematics, English Language with Grade I, II, or III.
- NVQ in the related field** OR
- CFBC Diploma in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technology OR
- Special consideration will be given to mature students (over 25) under the College Mature Student Clause. These candidates will be required to complete a professional development portfolio, which will serve as documented evidence of their prior knowledge experience(s).
CFBC Associate Degree in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technician.
To obtain a CFBC Degree in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technician candidates will be required to complete all courses.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|RFAC1001 Introduction to Refrigeration
RFAC1005 Electricity for RAC 1
RFAC1002 Trade Tools & Testing Instruments
TCOM1001 Technical Communication I
TVTM1001 Technical Mathematics 1 (College Algebra)
SAFE1000 Occupational Health & Safety I
|RFAC1007 Refrigeration Components
RFAC1008 Electricity for RAC II
EESC2001 Engineering Science
RFAC1004 Refrigerant Management
WELD1001 Maintenance Welding I
IFTH1002 Information Technology
TVTM1002 Technical Maths II
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|RFAC2000 Electricity for RAC III
RFAC2013 Residential Refrigeration & Air Conditioning 1
RFAC2014 Commercial Refrigeration & Air Conditioning 1
CBST1001 Caribbean Issues & Perspectives
|RFAC2103 Residential Refrigeration & Air Conditioning 2
RFAC2104 Commercial Refrigeration & Air Conditioning 2
RFAC2007 Electricity for RAC IV
RFAC2101 Customer Relations